Saturday, July 25, 2015

Potfest in the Park 2015

Rob, Brock and I enjoyed our annual trip to Potfest in the Park at Hutton-in-the-Forest near Penrith.

[Please click on any photo to see a larger version.]



Entry is £6 per person and includes entry to the grounds and gardens of the house, as well as parking and, of course, access to the ceramics exhibition and sale.


We began with a walk around the wild flower meadow and walled garden. They were looking on top form, and buzzing with insects.


Then it was on to the exhibition and competition area. The theme this year was 'Biblical'. Unfortunately, I had forgotten my camera (the photos here are all taken by Rob), so didn't get a photo of the three pieces I voted for, but here are two of Rob's choices:-

 Jonah and The Whale
The Last Supper

Brock enjoying the day out

There were 130 potters showing off their wares, so plenty to look at and even buy...

Some lovely earrings I bought from Steve Woodhead Ceramics. I also have a pair of yellow ones, purchased a few years ago, which I wear all the time.

This adorable container with bird ornament is from Charlotte and Sigerd Bohmer of Germany. We have quite a few of their pieces now, as we buy one or two every year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...